Target your Maths plus Mastery by Stephen Pearce & Amy Brandon.
Our refreshed “Target your Maths plus Mastery” series covers the entire National Curriculum for KS2. New Mastery content has been added to the existing books meaning that our loyal customers, who are already using Target your Maths, can continue to do so knowing that when they need to renew or restock, the revised books will work seamlessly with the old.
Where necessary we have updated the current terminology that is now used in all schools.
- The KS2 Framework has been organised into domains, such as Number, Measurement and Geometry.
- There is no set path through either the KS2 POS or Target Your Maths. However, in the Teacher’s Answer Book for each year group, one possible approach is given to the planning of the curriculum for that year.
- The work to be covered within each domain is organised into a three term year and the work for each term is then arranged into 12 blocks, each corresponding approximately to one week’s work. This approach will enable teachers to develop concepts progressively throughout the year and provide pupils with frequent opportunities to consolidate previous Iearning.
Target your Maths Practice Workbooks.
Target your Maths Practice Workbooks have been written to accompany the Target your Maths Textbooks. The Practice Workbook is intended to provide pupils with the material to consolidate their learning, whether used in the classroom or at home. The content has been taken from the Target your Maths Homework CDs plus additional pages.
The Practice Workbook is based solely upon the requirements for the year of the pupils, the ability level covered by Section B of Target your Maths textbooks.
Maths on Target by Stephen Pearce (Published 2008)
The Maths On Target books build on the enormous popularity of Target Maths, which was first published in 2002. Written by the same author, these books are used in thousands of schools.
The intention of the book is to provide teachers with material to teach all the objectives as set out in the yearly programme in the renewed Primary Framework for Mathematics.
- The work is organised in ‘Blocks’ and ‘Units’ as in the Primary Framework.
- The books work. Children enjoy using them because they can work at their own pace and succeed on a regular basis.
- Everything you need in just one book per year.
- Differentiation: each page has sections A, B and C written for pupils of varying abilities.
- Comprehensive coverage of all learning objectives for each unit.
- Separate answer books and Homework CDs available.
The correspondence of the three sections A–C to the objectives for different year groups provides a simple, manageable structure for planning differentiated activities and for both the formal and informal assessment of children’s progress. Content pitched at different levels also allows for progression within the lesson. Children acquiring confindence at one level find they can successfully complete activities at the next level.